The water holds my deepest fears,
I see mortality in its face,
And yet, here, with my ears below the surface
I can finally slow down
I can hear my heart thumping
I can hear my emotions change through its tempo
I can feel the reverb of my pulse as it moves through me
I can hear my stomach creak like the hull of a ship
And my echoing heart pumps the engine
And here is where I slow
Where I stop
In the boat of my head
In a world where the outside cannot hold what I contain inside
Where the inside of me is too large for the spaces created in this world
I can only assume I was created for a much more vast space
That my mind contains too much expanse for this small universe
But that there, inside the ship, I can make the inside quiet
I can be still
And the water will hold the rest back
No comments:
Post a Comment