But I know that anger
That frustration
That point of breaking
That waver in your voice
I know that one ounce of concer
One gesture of love
Will topple the precarious wall
That you hold up
But since I don't know you
When you burst into tears
When you apologize for your rudeness
And when you hurry away sobbing
I can't follow you
I don't know you
But
I do know someone who does
He knows you better than you know yourself
He knows why you are crying
He knows why you are angry
And He knows your heart
So now, with all of mine
I will ask Him to hold yours
Tightly and softly and securely
I will let my own brokenness towards you
Guide me to whisper His heart over yours
I will beg Him to meet with you
To reach out to you
And although I don't know you
I hope you know Him
And if you don't, I hope you find Him
In those tears
In that anger
In that waver in your voice
In the breaking of your wall
That it topples and on the other side you find Him
Standing, arms open, eyes soft, heart broken
Just for you
So that in heaven
I can know you
Because one day I didn't
And He gave me those words
And in them you felt His love
No comments:
Post a Comment