Into hardened resentment
That I decide to divide for logic's sake
For in front of me lies the path less traveled
And yet my yoke is too wide to fit through it
I divide it as such:
I blame the one next to me
He does not appreciate the closeness of the small yoke
He thinks it pinches me, though it does not
I blame the one who yoked us
He lead us to this path knowingly and yet fit us poorly for it
He watches even now as I strain to see beyond its curving length
He tells me how I would do so well on it
How I would love the sights and smells
He even mentions that he has shoed me for such a path
And yet I do not take it
I love them both
But tonight I resent them too
No comments:
Post a Comment