December 6, 2013

Know me

Can you feel the break in my nose?
Touch it gently from top to bottom,
You will feel the sharp crack 
Through the tenderness of my skin.
Can you see the freckles on my skin?
Peek at my shoulders as I move,
As my shirt shifts and they appear
Like constellations moving through the sky.
Can you see the breath that I breathe?
Watch me closely as I rest,
And it steadies like the waves
Rising and falling on the shore of my ribs.
Can you read the words on my lips?
Feel them shape each sound,
Softly sending them off
Into the earth's constant turn.
Can you hear the excitement in my voice?
Listen carefully as I exclaim,
And my voice shifts to whispers of wonder
Holding the feeling closer and closer as it grows.
Can you see the world through my eyes?
Peer closely at them,
Sink into the depth of them
And soak in the many hues of this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment